Between 1907-1913 the house remained vacant and in 1913 it was purchased by the Melrose Historical·Society. The Melrose Historical Society began to restore the house in 1914. A complete restoration took place at this time and was finished in 1915.
Before the 1915 Restoration
After the 1915 Restoration
Rearview of the house, circa 1915
Restoration of House to Museum and completion of caretakers residence